Watch Now: Shattered a series by Matt about the love of God! 4 parts
Hello Partners and Friends,
I want to encourage you to kick the year off with the right attitude. We all go through disappointing experiences and tight situations in life. However, it’s important to not allow the disappointments or difficult times of the past decide our present attitude and future outlook.
As you go into 2012, consider these 3 truths about Attitude:
Is the “advance man” of our true selves.
Its roots are inward but its fruit is outward.
Is our best friend or worst enemy.
Is more honest and more consistent than our words.
Is an outward look based on past experiences.
Is a thing which draws people to us or repels them.
Is never content until it is expressed.
Is the librarian of our past.
Is the speaker of our present.
Is the prophet of our future.
– John Maxwell
2) Attitude Determines how you approach Life
“What is the difference between an … Read More »
Judges 18:6 The priest said to them, “Go with confidence. The LORD will be with you on your mission.” (NET)
1. Our confidence is rooted in the will of God. When you know that God is with you in your life and mission a feeling of excitement and confidence stirs in your heart. God is not a failure and when you align your life with Him you will cease to be a failure. Confidence can arise because you have His will on the matter. God’s presence and power always follows His will.
Job 31:24 If I have made gold my hope, or have said to the fine gold, [Thou art] my confidence; (KJV)
2. Our confidence should never be placed in money. Many of us ‘say’ this, but we live like money is our God. When money is coming in, we’re happy and … Read More »
I want you to succeed in life. I’ve learned you will never reach your full potential in God if you have a critical spirit. I used to have a really critical spirit. I would pre-judge people, criticize other ministers and thought I had all the answers. My critical spirit peaked in college and about that time God began to sharply deal with me. Now I walk in love, mercy and understanding. Let me give you 3 reasons to kill a critical spirit:
1) It is not love. God has commanded us to love our neighbor. I’m convinced many believers are not walking this out on a daily basis.
James 2:8 “You are doing right if you obey this law from the highest authority: “Love your neighbor as you love yourself.” – (GWT)
2) You increase the judgement on your own life. The only … Read More »